![]() |
| Be mine forever Nora! |
Nora felt as if Krogstad committed another intolerable act when he sent the letter containing Nora's secrets to Helmer. It was an excruciating moment for knowing her secret would soon be out. When Torvald finds all this out, he would be shocked that his 'scatterbrain' Nora committed this act. She and Krogstad think very alike I've noticed throughout the book. In both of their direst time of needs they've thought of suicide.
"Nora: how did you know that I'd though of that?
Krogstad: I thought of it, too - only I hadn't the courage.
Nora: nor had I." (Ibsen p.198)
Of course none had the courage, but maybe with Nora you never know. Maybe the tarantella would change her mind. Her kind friend Mrs.Linde even offered her assistance, even after knowing the events that occurred. She knew what had to be done after the tarantella and she was up for it. "Twenty-four and seven... thirty-one hours to live." (Ibsen p. 206) The thing about Nora is she has the courage to do everything else, but tell the truth to her husband. He isn't the only wrongdoer in their household. It has me thinking, how are the children going to be like older, with parents like these? Will they be innocent and sly like Nora or dominant and merciless like Torvald?


Nora's character definitely did change. And not for the good! She being VERY promiscuous towards Dr. Rank. Like uhm, hello you have a husband and 3 kids. I never really noticed how Krogstad and Nora think alike. I mean they did the same crime so I thought that, that's the only thing that they have in common. Maybe they're made for each other.
ReplyDeleteI feel like the children are probably be good. The children will learn from their dad consequences. The children will probably look for their mom in the future. Hopefully, they will turn out good.
ReplyDeleteI like your question on the outcome of the children. Would they end up like Nora, like Torvald, or neither? I've always believed that children have their own personalities and opinions ever since the day they were born, and I feel that the people they turn out to be would be the result of how they cope or handle the situation they were thrown into (a controlling father and a lost mother).
ReplyDeleteHow the children grow up depends on how they were raised. Based on what we have read it is evident that they don't have very good parents. But, how the kids grow up solely depends on the child itself in my opinion. Yeah, the parents actions will affect the kids but it also might not.
ReplyDeleteWow love the detail and effort put into this. I definitely agree with your point if view.
ReplyDeleteI think the children will grow up very similar to Nora. Nora grew up with a very controlling father, and no mother. She was taken care of mostly by the maid. The kids will face the same exact situation, so I wouldn't be surprised if they became innocent and sly like Nora.
ReplyDeleteI commented on Saba, Danielle A, Daven, and James G
ReplyDeleteI believe we can't predict how the children will turn out to be. I don't believe the children will be affected by Torvald because Torvald never really sees the children or interacts with them. The children will grow up without proper parenting but they will grow up with each other which is something Nora and Torvald didn't have. This leads me to believe it's impossible to determine how the children will turn out based on the information we are given.
ReplyDelete